Mountain View Writers Group
Aim: To nurture and inspire the writer in each of us
Where we Write Alone – Together
- Write, Edit, Publish
- Share information
- Give positive feedback
- There is no leader – but we will have a Leadership Team
- We may appoint – or self-nominate as facilitators, but no one person owns the group
- Decisions will be made by the group for the benefit of all
- We will not criticise or use hurtful language – EVER!
- We will offer feedback if asked, but we will be gentle and remember that behind each written word is a beating heart, of the human variety
- Remember the general guidelines for feedback:
- give feedback in the manner you would like others to give you feedback
- give feedback on the writing – not the person
- offer a positive comment – what you liked about the writing
- follow with a suggestion for improvement (in your opinion – and it is only your opinion. Others might not agree)
- finish with a positive comment
- each one of us is brave enough to put our writing out there to be scrutinised – So Be Gentle!
Toastmasters has trained millions of people to speak confidently in public. This is how they suggest feedback should be given: And since writing is a form of communication, the guidelines apply to both.
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)